Client size

lcdr Universe Forums General Discussion Client size

This topic contains 11 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by NinjaOfLU NinjaOfLU 1 month, 1 week ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

I find it rather grueling but worth it to download a 10-12 gigabyte client (extracted), how big is Lcdr’s client? Hopefully with todays technology, we can eventually reduce the file size to a minimum.

HappyAngryCatfish
    Participant

All complete LU clients are going to be the same size. (10-11GBs iirc) lcdr’s client is a 3GB download but once extracted it’s 10.

Pandu
    Pandu

Yes, that’s unfortunately just the size of all the assets required for LU, unless you want.. the horrors.. of Jamesster.

LegoStar
    LegoStar
    Participant

I’m not sure about the full size but it’s atleast by 10GB but when you have an unpacked client you maybe can delete some old release or unused textures

NinjaOfLU
    NinjaOfLU

Oooh, that reminds me, I downloaded lcdr unpacked last night – can’t wait to have a rifle through it, see what interesting stuff I can mod/break! 😀

Pandu
    Pandu

If you’re interested in Client Modification; I’d recommend lcdr’s Unpacked Client. However, if you’re interested in just a working Client for gameplay; If you get into the Alpha, just wait for the instructions that lcdr will send. Although, I’d recommend this Client if you just need one.

Average Client side is; ~12/13GB.

• This reply was modified 2 years ago by Pandu Pandu.

Anonymous

I do have a LUNI server and a BlastClient but I don’t know how to do that kind of stuff. I’m just gonna download Lcdr’s client to save trouble and I’m also concerned if the blast has all the sounds.

KittyJumpyPhone
    Participant

Its probably best if you used the lcdr client honestly, blast and nexus are outdated in my opinion

Pluckythki
    Pluckythki
    Participant

@kittyjumpyphone I agree, It will be much easier if you just download the client they tell you to.

NinjaOfLU
    NinjaOfLU

I’ve personally never had issues with any clients not working, and so long as all the required information exists in a client, there should never be an issue communicating with a server. However, with stuff such as small modifications made by lcdr, I’d be very wary of trying to use a client different from his own (although, as he’s said, his version is effectively the same as the public version, so there’re very unlikely to be any game-breaking modifications to it!)

NinjaOfLU
    NinjaOfLU

Whaaa?…

NinjaOfLU
    NinjaOfLU

Ok, no, that links just spam advertising. Goodbye post!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.